Robert Phillips Poetry Chapbook Prize Submission Guidelines
Robert Phillips is the author or editor of some 30 volumes of poetry, fiction, criticism, and belles lettres and publishes in numerous journals. A professor of English, he was director of the University of Houston Creative Writing Program from 1991 to 1996. His honors include a Pushcart Prize, an American Academy and Institute of Arts and Letters Award in Literature, a New York State Council on the Arts CAPS Grant in Poetry, MacDowell Colony and Yaddo Fellowships, a National Public Radio Syndicated Fiction Project Award, a Syracuse University Arents Pioneer Medal, and Texas Institute of Letters membership. In 1998, he was named a John and Rebecca Moore Scholar at the University of Houston.
- We only accept online submissions through Submittable.
- Poetry chapbook manuscripts may contain up to 40 double-spaced pages.
- Author’s name must not appear anywhere on the manuscript.
- The author’s contact information, including a standard cover letter with bio is to be typed into the online form provided by Submittable.
- A reading fee of $20 must accompany each manuscript.
- Winning manuscripts will be published the year after acceptance.
- Winners will receive 20 free copies of their books.
- The Winner will be announced on the Texas Review Press website, www.texasreviewpress.org
- CLICK HERE TO SUBMIT
Previous Robert Phillips Chapbook Winners:
click covers to learn about each book or buy a copy